Thursday, October 25, 2007

10 Days until the Marathon


My long runs are done. No more 2 hour + runs. The hardest part is behind me, well a side from the 26.2 miles coming up.
The final line-up for the trip includes Dan, Chris Kim and myself. Mr. Potter will again play host.
Before I do that I'm going to Miami on Sunday for the annual national minority business conference. Not really being a certified minority, I get to be one for a day. This is huge event professionally for me so cross your fingers, legs, eye and Ts for me. A prayer would be nice as well.

I've been downloading some new or new to me songs of late. Ane Brun, The Stylistics, Euphoria, Gladys Knight and The Pipps, Garbage, Foo Fighters, Patsy Cline, Regina Spektor, Notorious B.I.G, Noir Desir, Righteous Brothers, The Rolling Stones, Wire, Sheila Chandra and Snow Patrol have joined my library.

For those of you keeping score at home, there isn't anything new on the POI front. At times our relationship reminds me of the old Charter ads, "if you don't get help at Charter, please get help somewhere". POI is my bestest friend, we are each other's biggest supporters and we make each other laugh. I know there's more to a normal relationship but I really dig her chilli and she's cool:)

Today's ethical question is, what if you have a friend who does something that is socially and morally unethical? I guess you could ask, how unethical? Can you maintain a friendship? Do you cut them off? Do you stand by them? For some offensives the answer is clear but what if it’s not so clear? I don't have answers I just have questions.

1 comment:

Princess Manners said...

Was it done from ignorance (Crap! I didn't know what would happen) or moral lassitude (Everybody does it, just like speeding)? Did or could someone get hurt? Can it be undone? Will this person man up and fix the consequences? The answers to those questions tell you how (s)he would treat you, given the right circumstance. Behave accordingly.