Sunday, April 3, 2011

New situations create new realities...

After being with the love of my life for nearly 5 years a breakup caused my reality to change in a dramatic fashion. I lost a truly great family and the regrets will last a life time I'm afraid. Now 5 months later I face a new reality, dating again. Working alone, I don't get a lot of traffic here in c6 so the talent pool of single women is fairly shallow. Now for the third time I'm back on Match. It's hardly my choice but I need to start living again. I had great success the last time so here I am again, this time as a SWM 52 in search of...

I bought the one month plan for a test drive. This is day 3. I've received 4 emails and two winks or pokes or nudges. Here again a new reality has surfaced, the 4 kind women that emailed all look like my aunt, and not in a good way. They took the time to write and some of the things they said were very flattering. I should really send a response but what? Is a "it's not you it's me" form letter in bad taste? I'm sure I'll be on the receiving end of a few "what are you high?" kind of responses but we're not talking about how I'm received.

I certainly don't like having to be in the position to be on Match but the reality is I have to start living again and all the hoping, praying, wishing and nudging hasn't made any difference so here we are with my new reality. Let the living begin.

No comments: