Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

One of the down sides to being single at this moment in time, is today. I always loved Easter. Growing up it was new Easter clothes, egg hunts, Easter Baskets and Easter Dinner. The past few years I've loved watching kids look forward to the same things. The past few years I've loved watching kids Easter morning look for their baskets their mom hid the night before. Then digging through the baskets to discover the great things their mother gave such great thought to.

It's very difficult knowing someone else is living that memory today. It's very difficult knowing that someone else was chosen to live all the new memories. The biggest challenge in c6 is starting to create my own new memories and move some of those old memories out. That will be an on going project.

Today I have no plans. I did go to mass this morning. In my world of no expectations I haven't been disappointed today. That's not honest but it's the front I'm going with these days. There was talk of brunch but those plans fell through a few minutes ago. Going to church this morning was something I wanted or need to do and because I needed to at least feel the spirit of Easter if I wasn't going to share Easter with anyone today.

No comments: